Getting Ahead While Getting Out
This program is based on the Getting Ahead While Getting Out Reentry Model that reduces recidivism through learning, building resources, accountability and collaboration. This model can be found in the Getting Ahead Network www.gettingaheadnetwork.com
This reentry program:
- Recruits and trains facilitators to accompany groups of returning citizens for a total of 22 two hour sessions
- Coordinates with prison staff in choosing inmates to participate in the program
- Conducts monthly meetings that provide in-service training and ongoing programming
- Coordinates with existing programs at the facility.
- Mobilizes a volunteer base to advocate for prison reform as well as provide ongoing support to returning citizens after release.
- Connects returning citizens with needed resources.
- Supports families of returning citizens with information on available resources
Please contact us if you’d like to know how you can join in on this work.